Friday 22 February 2008

If you live each day as your last...

Then one day it surely will be.  I'm sure the saying goes something like that.  I for one am not a big believer in living each day as if it were your last.  Think about it. What would you really do if it was?  Here's my short selection plucked from my tired brain:
  • get so drunk that I couldn't stand up. easy one that and top of the list
  • Blow all my money on the craziest day of lesbian fun that I can
  • confess to people some of the things I would never really get around to in the hope that I would be forgiven (doubtful with some of the things I've done). Probably leave out some of the kinkiest shit though
  • Tell some clients to go take a hike
  • and on and on.
Firstly if you lived each day as if it was your last then you'd very quickly be broke and have some serious issues, not the least of which would be your hangover.  So, I think there are better ways to live your life - try to not be asleep all of it. There are too many people who are the waking dead, going through the motions until they reach Friday, reach their holidays, reach anything that will give them a fleeting time of fun. Each day should be grasped as much as possible and you should try to obtain something from it that ultimately becomes a memory.  

No comments: